Tuesday, April 19, 2011

{Baby Shower} Cookies and Milk for Alicia and Chase

Our dear Alicia, Kevin's office manager,
gave me the excuse to
bake some cookies and.....
Call It A Party
this winter!
I fell in LOVE with the idea of a
'Cookies and Milk' baby shower!
We started with a color scheme.
The nursery was decorated in brown and blue,
so this was a perfect place to start!
This first picture is of the table.
As I look back on the pictures, I see so many things
that I might have done different, but I think it came out pretty cute!

I made the banner out of felt, printed fabrics and ribbon.
It now hangs in Chase's nursery!
I love making things that can be used for awhile.
It's always so hard to spend your precious time making party
decorations and then it only meets it's doom in the bottom of the trash.

We chose 5 diffrent types of cookies for the occasion.

I recruited the WHOLE family on the baking job!
The kids LOVED it!  Though the picture looks like
I was drinking heavily....please notice the Coke Zero can!






Kylan thought the beaters were the best part!
  
I got these ADORABLE cookie jars at Wal-Mart.
They worked perfectly.  Now...they hold my notions in my
sewing/craft area at home!

I purchased the cute tags to label the cookies from
rachelps on Etsy!  She was so great to work with me on the
different cookies that we have and on colors too!


I think they turned out really cute! 
They were made to be self standing, but I decided
to use ribbon to tie them on the cookie jars.


I'm in LOVE with my two platters!  I love running different ribbons through them
and changing the look for the event.  I have matching vases too! 
A party isn't a party without no bake cookies.....right??? 
Yummy!  One of my personal favorites!


Alicia's Mom made these SUPER YUMMY mints!  Ask me why
I didn't make sure they were all turned perfectly before I snapped a picture.....
Well....the answer is....I'm not sure....  I'm learning from my mistakes!



I ordered these precious invitations from Dimpleprints on Etsy.  (Are you seeing a pattern here?
I'm a HUGE Etsy fan!)




Do you have some items that you wonder what you will
ever do with them?  These milk jugs are one of those things for me.
As it turns out....It was a good thing I had them.  How could I have
ever displayed milk any cuter?  We HAD to have chocolate milk....
pregnant Momma's have to have access to chocolate milk!
I put both jugs in my punch bow with ice to keep them cool.


I added a couple of chrystal bowls with dark chocolate almonds.  If you haven't ever
had the enjoyment of these almonds.....it is TIME for you to try them.  I am in LOVE!
Aren't these little mints the cutest things?  They were extra yummy too! 

Baby Chase came into the world with some really awesome stuff
waiting on him!  I loved everything she got.  You may ask....
Did you love it enough to add another member to your family????
The answer is NOOOOO!!!! 
We love Chase and will spoil him forever, but there will be no more Ruff Babies!



1 comment:

  1. This is adorable Caryn! I really like the whole milk and cookies theme, and you did a great job of filling in the little details :)

    ReplyDelete